Sunday, July 24, 2005

Part 7 - Psalm 24 days!!!

A couple of days ago I spent over an hour writing this post and then accidentally lost it all! So...it was not meant to be. Therefore, I condensed this post. There has been so much happening with regard to ministry that I have not been able to keep up with entries. For this I am thankful. I desired to be used by the Lord, and I am being filled up and growing in Him daily.

The Lord is continually drawing people to himself and we are being used by the Lord to lead people to Christ. The last couple of weeks we have seen several people come to Christ through 'Street Church' and through Monday Night Evangelism. Every Sunday at Street Church people are giving their lives to Christ, being baptized in the Bow River and receiving baptism of the Holy Spirit.

On Mondays, the Lord has been leading me to the skateboard park, where we are getting the ground ready for harvest. We are not preaching there right now, but are witnessing for the Lord. On Monday July 11th we led our first person to the Lord at this location. He was about fifteen years old. That night we forgot our bibles, so we did not have any to give him. It was the first night we handed out pizza and it was well received. Last Monday we had some excellent conversations about the Lord.

On Wednesday July 13th, three of us were asked to speak to a young adults group. We spoke about the Monday night ministry. It was an absolutely fabulous evening. We had several youth interested in coming out and helping at the skateboard park. The end of the night a brother and myself were able to minister to a young woman. The Holy Spirit impressed needs upon our hearts, which might lead to a ministry opportunity in Saskatchewan in the next month or two. Praise the Lord!

Today we had our First Christian Festival at the skateboard park. We had a band and worship team, a dance group, people with flags/dance and speakers. We had a free barbecue complete with hamburgers, hot dogs and drinks. There were carnival games, candies, a prayer tent with bibles and I did some face painting. It was a beautiful sunny day, one in which many seeds were planted. Praise the Lord!!!

I decided to end this series with the seventh posting. I have great expectations of a great God. He will be continually working through this ministry and I will continue to write stories. In the last 6 and a half months we have had about 170 people come to the Lord through this minstry. I look forward to the many ways he will continue to use me. Even now, I have another opportunity awaiting aside from this ministry to go and witness to a family. Hallelujah!!! When I decided to follow the call of God on my life, I told Him I would go wherever he sent me. Jesus...I will follow you to the ends of the Earth until the day I see you in Glory!

I thought it fitting to end with Isaiah 61:1-3 (NIV):

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor

and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—

to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

6 comments:

John said...

Great post karen, keep up the good work!

GBYAY

Karen said...

Thank you John for your continued support and encouragement. God Bless You!

pete porter said...

Karen,
Your group is a great model for the whole church to follow. To bring glory to the King of Kings.
Be Blessed,
Pete

Cosmic said...

Hey, sorry I haven't been around lately! But I think it's awesome what your group is doing! Keep up the good work and keep magnifying the Lord's name!

Karen said...

Praise the Lord! Thank you all for your wonderful comments and encouragement! Then Lord is GOOD, ALL THE TIME!!!!

Jeannie said...

Karen - how awesome that God has used you to bring these people into a relationship with them - brought from darkness to light - you are a wonderful encouragement.