Saturday, February 18, 2006

Extreme for satan to Extreme for Jesus

Below is an account of a ministry experience from Monday February 13th. I wanted to share this email to others in order to glorify God.

Luke 10:17”And the seventy returned with joy, saying, “ Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name”
Luke 10:20”Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven”

I met Ryan 3 weeks ago after Street Church, Ryan is in his mid twenties and came up to me and said,” that he was a follower of satan and heavily into witchcraft, he also claimed that he cast spells, and curses and had power in the spiritual realm”. Ryan said he prayed to his god all the time and his god was satan. I could tell in the Spirit that Ryan was telling the truth. I explained to him that satan is a liar and a deceiver and that he only comes to steal, kill, and destroy, and if he continued following satan he would ultimately end up in total destruction in hell. He started to argue and I just looked him in the eyes and asked him why he was so empty and lonely, and I told him to look at his life and see where satan had taken him. Then I started sharing scripture with him, and I asked if I could pray for him, he said I cant let you touch me, it hurts me whenever a Christian touches me, he said he had entered a church one time and felt like he was going to burn. He then he walked away from me.
Last night after the message, outside the Salvation Army, I was handing out the last slices of pizza and I gave a piece to Ryan, not recognizing him, he came up to me and said to me,”I need help, following Satan is superficial”, Ryan started to confess some of his sins and share about his life. He has a child who he is not allowed to see, because of his lifestyle, he stated he was a drug dealer, and heavily into witchcraft, and darkness, I asked John Naud to come over, because I felt in the Spirit that it would be a battle for Ryan’s soul, since Ryan had opened himself up completely to the enemy. We talked about repentance, and he said he would repent, then we asked him if he believed Jesus died on the cross for his sins, he said I believe he died on the cross for sins, but not mine, I have done to much. We started quoting scripture to him and he started to shake and the demons started to manifest physically, we were sitting down on a bench, and Ryan started to shake, cough, facial contortions, grunt, growl, and spit. We had Ryan say the sinner’s prayer and then prayed over him for the filling of the Holy Spirit. Ryan was set free last night and is a new creation in Christ; he has gone from a child of darkness to a child of light! Ryan is respected on the streets as a tough guy, pretty boy, drug dealer, and his friends came around and were asking him if he was OK, they did not understand what was going on. As we were leaving, one of Ryan’s friends said this to Ryan,” you didn’t repent did you,” and he pointed to the Bible in Ryan’s pocket, Ryan said,” yes I did, I am not yours anymore as he held his Bible!” I believe Ryan will now live extreme for Jesus Christ.

Rob is going to disciple Ryan; Rob lives a few doors down from Ryan at the Salvation Army. Lets pray mightily for Ryan this week that
he would feed on the word of God and grow in Christ, and that he would never go back to darkness.

We had much fruit at all locations last night; we praise God for His work in and through us, what a privilege it is to be part of His redeeming work.
I cant imagine ever leaving the front lines of the battle for souls, this is where you truly see and experience the power of God, and it opens
your eyes to the unseen battle that goes on for peoples souls. Thank Jesus that greater is He that is in us then he that is in the world.

A man that works at the Drop In Centre has been against our ministry for a year now, and has done everything in his power to shut us down, even
locking the doors so people can’t come over to the park to get pizza, calling police, physical threats, etc. When we started preaching outside
the Drop In Centre a year ago, this man said, “ how can you preach when there are Muslims who stay here”, Art replied, “Muslims need Jesus, and so
do you”. A miracle took place this past Sunday before Street Church, this man came over to Art and apologized and hugged Art. Last night he came
over again and apologized to David, Arts brother and said he went to Centre Street Church on Sunday morning and responded to Jesus and he has a changed heart.

A reminder to never give up on anyone for salvation!!

Live life in light of eternity, and get into the action if you’re not already!

Lawrence

No comments: