Friday, April 29, 2005

Time of Restoration

I believe the Lord has been trying to speak to me on a particular matter for quite some time. As we struggle between spirit and flesh, it is sometimes difficult to hear the still small voice of the Holy Spirit.

As I have pursued the Lord in prayer, I have received a few words. When I pursued the Lord further, wrestling with Him for understanding, I received greater revelation.

I believe in grace. I also believe that a Father disciplines His children. Like the Israelites that wandered so many years, God poured out His grace and yet removed His blessing from some that wandered so that they may not ever see the promised land.

As the Lord led me to Jeremiah 32 this evening, I was reminded of what the Lord has placed in my spirit over the last few weeks. What gave me hope was the last verse in which the Lord declares He will restore all that is lost.

This is not meant to be taken out of context at all. I need a restoration of my spirit, my passion, my innermost desires. Stepping out in faith to pursue my call has been tough, but I have no regrets. The Lord is teaching me, transforming me and stretching me.

Anyone who has ever seen the movie Braveheart can relate that stretching hurts! This is the kind of spiritual stretching I am referring to. When the Lord is done, I will not fit the same anymore.

Hallelujah! Time to throw out my old wineskin! Lord I want a new wineskin and fresh wine to be poured in. Lord I want to flow to overflowing, to be rich in your fragrant bouquet, to be the most beautiful colour that picks up the natural hues of your love.

I pray for your restoration Lord.

Psalm 51:12
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

6 comments:

Noni said...

My prayers are also for restoration; for you, for myself, for the world at large! Halleluja to the King!

1 Peter 5:10 - And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, establish, and strengthen you.

Jeannie said...

Hi Karen, great post - continue pressing into Jesus its an amazing adventure

Karen said...

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. God Bless.

Alexia Chua said...

hi there. u've post a comment in my blog, so i thought it courtesy to just come by here.
thanks for the encouragement. :) i'm not exactly lost, and i'm glad you're no longer lost. i just thought i should express the feelings and confusion.

indeed, the poem is in chinese. i can send u the translation through email if you like, but it's not exactly a happy poem. :P

i like your entries. they're really encouraging. :)

Karen said...

Thank you ookami>>cyc! I am glad you expressed yourself. Thank you for the encouraging comments!

John said...

Bless you Karen, may the Lord continue to bless you!

GBYAY