Saturday, April 30, 2005

New Beginnings

Today will be a personal post, coming from my heart. My relationship ended this morning with my boyfriend. It was not a hard time to sit down and have the inevitable discussion of our relationship ending. It is actually quite a relief. Not to say that I am not feeling emotional, I just need to be strong and heal. I want the Father's loving arms to consume me.

I want to thank you Lord for preparing my heart and spirit for today. It has not been an easy time and has been even more difficult to finely attune your voice throughout the struggles. I pray Lord that you would heal my mind, body, soul and spirit. Lord teach me to walk wholly in your love and forgiveness.

Lord I know you have set me aside for many things, not just to pursue a calling on my life. I know that you are preparing me for a husband and family. Lord prepare me for all aspects of what you have planned for me in the future. Please provide a man that will understand how you are working in my life and will support my decision to pursue full time ministry. Lord you know my needs, wants and desires greater than I know myself. You formed and molded me in the womb. You are my Creator.

I love you Lord. I embrace this new beginning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your heart towards God and serving him. I really appreciate reading this post.

God bless you.

Jeannie said...

As hard as it is to close a door on an old familiar relationship the journey to entering a new one is exciting and adventourous. You will find someone when you least expect it - continue on your walk with Jesus and he will lead you and guide you.

Callmeteem said...

You are in our prayers sister. May God bless you and lead you and keep you.
Your future in Him is bright and strong.
He will keep You always.

Karen said...

Thank you all for your wonderful words. For now I want to keep my eyes focused on Jesus and allow him to be first and foremost my husband.