Sunday, May 01, 2005

Found a Church Family

I am so glad to report that I found a church I will call home. It is only my second visit there, but it feels like a good fit. I will keep attending and praying and see what God has in store for me. It has been described as inward and outward, with focus on small groups and outreach as well. They are charismatic/mixed. There is a blend amongst the congregation. Very stable, biblically solid. They embrace five fold ministry and believe in utilization of all the gifts.

Two weeks in a row I attended intercessory prayer before the service starts and I am blessed by it. These people are so filled with the Holy Spirit and are lovely to be around. This church has two young adults groups, separated into 2 categories. One is teens to mid-20's. The other is mid-20's to mid-30's approximately. I am so happy for the latter group! Yeah! I find there often are not groups for those in their 30's, or later 20's.

Today I was invited for an incredible lunch. I went with the older young adults group to get to know them better. I met them all today for the first time and they were great! A couple in the church blessed us all. I felt like I was dining in a restaurant. When you are on your own and only have your cat for company at dinner time, it is tremendous fun!

So far, all the people I have met at this church are exhibiting the fruit of the spirit and love in their hearts. I am so impressed! I have met some very strong women in the Lord, who love God passionately! Thank you Lord for this blessing! Also, I have an opportunity to apply for a summer intern position. It will stretch me, but I am sure I would learn a great deal from it.

7 comments:

Jeannie said...

Great news Karen, may God continue to enrich your life as you enrich others...

pete porter said...

Karen,
I am glad to hear that God is establishing you, He is faithful. The fellowship is a great blessing. I'm sure that you will also be a blessing to these brothern.
Be Blessed with His presence,
Pete

Callmeteem said...

Praise God for that. May God refresh and strengthen you in this place.

D Jack said...

Hey Karen. I noticed you were having trouble with getting your picture onto your profile. Here's how. Go to your profile and go to edit your profile. Once you're there, scroll down to the photograph heading, there is a place to type in a URL. You might want to open a new window, go to your picture, click on it and once you have the window with just your picture, copy the address and paste it into the space on your profile editing page and save your profile. If that makes sense... Your picture should show up on your profile after that.

I gotta say, it's awesome to hear about God moving in different places and in the lives of other people. It's encouraging to see.

Karen said...

Thank you everyone! It has been a bit of a search to find a church family only having lived in a new city for four months.

Dave, I tried your suggestion on the profile and had no success. I tried hello and another hosting site. I am sure one day I will figure out how.;)

John said...

Karen, it is obvious that the Lord has you in the right place as you didn't hang around but got right into the life of the Church!Many Pastors dream about people like you! :)

I pray That the Lord will use you mightily in your employment as well!

GBYAY

Karen said...

Thanks John. It was only my 2nd visit at the church, but I knew this was the place. The intern position I will apply for I believe is necessary to develop skills, however part of the position is not my calling, but I have experience in the one area. Thank you for your words of blessing!