Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Trusting in God

As I go through my journey, I realize this is an area that I am still struggling with. The Lord started teaching me Easter 2004 that I really need to let go and let Him steer the course. Right now I am in the Lord's ship, on his waters, chartered for unknown territory. The Lord is my rudder and is steering my direction. The moment I get worried or anxious about a circumstance in my life, in other words a storm is brewing or I am in the middle of the storm, I grab onto that rudder for dear life and try to steer it myself.

This is the difference between trusting God in all things and not trusting Him to see me through the hard times. I want to be like Jesus, sleeping on the boat, unaware of the storm around me. Why? Because all of my trust is in God. This is a difficult process to learn.

Last night I received that today I should write about trust. I looked through the psalms and found some amazing scriptures I would like to share.


Psa 25:21 May my goodness and honesty preserve me, because I trust in you.


Psa 27:14 Trust in the LORD. Have faith, do not despair. Trust in the LORD.


Psa 28:7 The LORD protects and defends me; I trust in him. He gives me help and makes me glad; I praise him with joyful songs.


Psa 31:14 But my trust is in you, O LORD; you are my God.


Psa 31:19 How wonderful are the good things you keep for those who honor you! Everyone knows how good you are, how securely you protect those who trust you.


Psa 32:10 The wicked will have to suffer, but those who trust in the LORD are protected by his constant love.


Psa 37:5 Give yourself to the LORD; trust in him, and he will help you;


Psa 38:15 But I trust in you, O LORD; and you, O Lord my God, will answer me.


Psa 56:3 When I am afraid, O LORD Almighty, I put my trust in you.


Psa 56:4 I trust in God and am not afraid; I praise him for what he has promised. What can a mere human being do to me?


Psa 62:8 Trust in God at all times, my people. Tell him all your troubles, for he is our refuge.


Psa 84:12 LORD Almighty, how happy are those who trust in you!


Psa 115:11 Trust in the LORD, all you that worship him. He helps you and protects you.


Psa 119:66 Give me wisdom and knowledge, because I trust in your commands.

Psa 143:8 Remind me each morning of your constant love, for I put my trust in you. My prayers go up to you; show me the way I should go.


I chose 15 verses from Psalms in the Good News Bible. There are 134 verses found in the old and new testament of the Good News Bible that menti0n trust. As you can see from these verses alone, there are many positives to trusting God. There is an unshakeable confidence in who God is, that He will always protect and help you. He answers us, guides us to where we should go. Wisdom and knowledge are ours for the taking, he listens to our troubles and answers us. We are happy, filled with gladness and enveloped in His love.

I feel much at peace after reading these pslams. I will continue to read these verses of scripture over the next little while, as I desperately seek to trust Him in all things.

5 comments:

Callmeteem said...

Amen!
Our Sovereign God is worthy of our trust in all things. And as we trust Him peace comes.

John said...

Lovely post Karen, I love the Psalms! Especially Psalm 23 which I read almost every day!

GBYAY

Jeannie said...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, acknowledge him and he will keep your path straight...Proverbs 3:4-5 (I think) - this is my favourite verse of all time...

Karen said...

Thank you all for your encouragement! Thank you Jeannie for the verse, it was right on for this time in my life! I love that verse too!

Anonymous said...

A