Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Summer Break

Praise the Lord! I give Him all the glory, honour and credit for all He has done for me! I am finally finished school now until September. On Friday morning I handed in my assignments. After all the difficulties I had to face this semester including the passing of my Stepfather, the school gave me an extension to finish. This was God's grace.

I am almost settled into my apartment and am seeking a home for my furniture. It is wrapped in plastic in the backyard as it will not fit in this place. I have a tiny basement suite. When the Lord called me here to Alberta, I prayed about what to keep and what to give away. I wanted to keep my bed, dresser, and my big desk. The desk takes up most of my livingroom, LOL, but I call it my Ministry desk. It is great for studying, research, writing and fits my personality! The couch and loveseat were not on that list, and I want to bless a Christian family or organization. Please pray for someone to be blessed!

Now that I have the summer break, I will focus on employment, health, grieving and the Lord. I have not really grieved my losses this year and need the Lord to heal and mend many areas. My stepfather is with the Lord now, and that makes me smile. However, there is so much I need to focus on, allowing the Lord to wrap His loving arms around me, loving and strengthening me.

I am looking forward to writing and reading this summer. There are books that I have wanted to read for awhile, just no time during studies. I anticipate this time with the Lord.

5 comments:

Callmeteem said...

I pray you will have a wonderful season of resting in the Lord. And may He bless all your future endeavors.

Callmeteem said...

Further to the above let me thank you for adding to the ranks of Christian bloggers. God bless you in this.

John said...

Bless you Karen for your posts and encouragement!

may the Lord bless you mightily in everything you do in your break from studying!

GBYAY

Jeannie said...

Karen - hope you are refreshed over this summer break and that God will use you for the extension of his Kingdom...

Karen said...

Thank you for your blessings, comments and encouragement. May God Bless every one of you. I am looking forward to what the future holds.