Thursday, May 26, 2005

In the River

Lord,

You are the twinkle in my eye,
You are the love in my heart,
You are the bounce in my step,
You make me shine.

Your word gives me sustenance,
Your Spirit speaks deep wisdom within,
You feed my soul,
You speak whispers of knowledge.

You fill me to overflowing,
Gentle streams gurgling in my laughter,
Rushing rivers pouring forth,
Giving me the ride for eternity.

I am white water rafting in the river of life,
Jesus my friend is with me,
The Holy Spirit is guiding my path,
My Father is Smiling down at me....

I am having the most fulfilling time in my life,
Full of joy and new experiences,
The work on the River is challenging,
It can be hard, but exhilarating....

Wanna come for a ride?

5 comments:

Cosmic said...

karen,
That's a lovely poem! I really liked it. You know, I did some thinking and now I do believe I was led to your blog for a reason. My email address is noodlepower365@yahoo.com Please, email me sometime. I'd love to talk with you!

Cosmic

John said...

This is a lovely poem Karen, one of your many God given gifts!

GBYAY

Karen said...

Thank you Cosmic and John. I felt full of the Holy Spirit, started to write a poem...so I give Him the glory!

Jeannie said...

Fantastic poem, makes you want to get in the river...

pete porter said...

Karen,
I can feel your joy. And your wonder. He has given you a glimpse of the glory of the redeemed. And thanks again for your encouraging comments on my site.
Be Blessed,
Pete