Thursday, May 05, 2005

What a Disappointment!


My rant for the day:

I just found out I cannot have the summer intern position I applied for. Instead of homework, I worked on my resume and cover letter as I need the work and the experience. Reason why I could not get the position? I AM TOO OLD! Yikes! I am only 32 years old, but the cut off for the program is 30. The program is government funded. I mentioned to the woman that it was not fair as I was attending school the same as those that are younger.

On a good note, she commended me on the presentation and work on my resume. She told me she would keep it and keep her eyes and ears open to see if anything becomes available in the church. That is good to know! On another good note, when I met her last weekend she must have thought I was younger than 30...tee hee!

Well, I will leave all this in the Lord's hands. Yes, I am disappointed. However, I know God is in control. I am hoping perhaps that He has something in store. He knows I need the work and experience at this time in my life.

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

Hi Karen, I will pray that something will come up for you..God is in control

Karen said...

Thanks Jeannie. Last night I just found out that my hours at work are definitely cut, the same for everyone else there. I need a second job. It is not enough to meet expenses.

Callmeteem said...

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good, to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
You love God. I know that.
And He who gave up His own Son, delivering Him over for us all, will He not also with Him freely give us all things?
I knew there was a reason to put all that work into memorizing Romans Chapter.

ChickyBabe said...

I admire your strength and your ability to see some humour out of the situation.

Karen said...

Thank you chicky babe, means alot! I love to laugh, so finding humour in a sitaution comes quite easy. On another note, if I don't laugh right now, it will remind me how bad things are financially, so I choose joy and humour!