Thursday, June 16, 2005

Part 1 - Psalm 24 Days!

On Sunday June 5th, the Holy Spirit lead me to read over Psalm 24 several times, etching the scripture deep within my soul. What a profound scripture, yet I knew I needed more intimate time with the Lord and to look up at Him in every situation.

I went to church Sunday morning with a heavy heart. I had been rejected by my peers for revealing some of the things I have learned about, in and through the Holy Spirit. I was very sad when I drove home after Friday night bible study. Then the Holy Spirit reminded me of a time a couple of years ago. I had talked about the very same thing with a man that was on fire for God, but had no understanding of the spirtual realm. I experienced rejection there as well. Perhaps a year and a half after the fact, I met him at a prayer vigil. He was pumped up, his eyes had been opened to the truth. He apologized for rejecting what I had to say, but had to go through the Holy Spirit's leading the hard way. I only planted the seed. The Lord took him through the process, to bloom a beautiful flower of truth and knowledge in the Spirit.

On Sunday morning, I went to pre-service intercession. There are a couple of ladies, just overflowing with the Spirit and completely on fire for God. Perhaps this is what keeps me at this church for now. As we were praying, interceding and worshipping the Lord, three of us entered into a wonderful intermingling of the Holy Spirit. I had kept receiving a visionof gates. At the gates the Lord was ushering people in, to come in those gates. To be with Him, come meet with Him in the Holy place. This happened a few times during prayer, then as I recieved the vision again and heard the words in the spirit to enter in/come on in, one of the ladies passionately yelled out, "ENTER IN!" My goodness, I slapped my hand on the table and started praising the Lord...she and I started giggling in the spirit and praising God. The third lady was receiving Psalm 24 at this time and started to burst forth the glorious words from the scriptures. "Lift up your heads, oh you ancient gates! Come to see the Lord of Glory!" Wow...we cried, laughed, praised God and marvelled at how he used us three as intricate pieces of a puzzle, coming so perfectly together in the Spirit.

After this, I decided to go and sit amongst those that rejected me a couple of nights before. I did it in the right spirit, with great love in my heart and wanting to do what God wanted, not what my flesh desired. It turned out be be okay. Although they may not agree with my views, it appears they are not rejecting me altogether.

There are so many lessons to be gained from this experience:

  • During the tough times of your journey, always keep your eyes focused on God. Satan and his army will attempt to pull you into despair, unforgiveness, bitterness, depression, etc. . Anything opposite to the fruit of the spirit to pull you away from God, to prevent you from looking up to Him.
  • I have learned from experience that when you go forth with a word from God, perhaps a revelation He has given you, often it will be rejected. Not always. During these times, trust in Him. He will not leave you nor forsake you. If you are putting forth His truth and it is not of your flesh, it is of the Holy Spirit, the Lord will come through for you. As Christians we are taught to test all spirits, so let them test what you have to say. The Holy Spirit is one of truth, He is the only one who can open up eyes and ears to see, hear and experience all He has to offer. Pray for those that persecute you and reject you.

I am certain there are many more things I can write from this experience. In fact, I am sure I had a list of five things in my head. The most important thing for me was to know that the Lord is always with me and comes through for me, for we are Victorious in Christ!!! Hallelujah!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog! I've read through about six or seven of your posts and noticed that you're concerned with doctrinal soundness and that you appreciate the doctrinal soundness of your church.

I wonder if you might post an entry outlining your own doctrinal beliefs: Scripture, God, Human Beings, Christ, Salvation, Church, End Times, etc.

I know that's a tall order, but I think it'd be interesting. :)

John said...

Karen great post! You might find this interesting, I posted on Psalm 24 last week...

http://scotwise.blogspot.com/2005/06/daily-encouragement-friday-psalm-24.html#comments

GBYAY

Karen said...

John,

I left a comment on your blog! I feel the Lord must be speaking to us and to ignore the possibilities of what the Lord can do through prayer would be a shame. I will be praying for the Lord to reveal what He wants me to pray for. I join you in prayer for revival in Australia! Hallelujah! May the Lord Reign!

Tom,
Thank you for reading several of my posts. After I am done writing what the Lord has placed on my heart, I will think about your request. I will be honest and say I still have alot to learn about eschatological issues. I have a book here which I perhaps should take a look at before I write. I have read the scriptures on the end times many times, so I have an idea of what I solidly belive in, however it may take some more maturity and knowledge form the Lord to write about it. I will need all of these ideas and stands in place for when I go into full time mininstry. Thank you for asking and I will try writing about that very soon. God Bless You. I hope you enjoy the next post!
God Bless You!

pete porter said...

Karen,
I appreciate your post. A plow is not a welcome instrument, but it's nessesary for the earth (body) to bring forth good fruit.
Be Blessed,
Pete

Cosmic said...

What a cool experience. Dealing with rejection, I've learned, is one obstacle placed before Christians. But it's okay. It's good to hear that you went back. That's a good quality. I can't say enough how much I admire your strong faith for the Lord.