Thursday, June 23, 2005

Part 2 - Psalm 24 Days!

I have so much to write about over the last ten days or so. I will split it up into segments. I will start off by praising and glorifying God! He is soooo awesome! My faith has deepened and my spirit is alive in the Lord, in a different way than I have been in the past! I am excited, happy, blessed and more in love with Him! Hallelujah!!!

On Monday June 13th, I went to Monday Night Evangelism for the second time. I had met one of the guys that helped to start this ministry a couple of years ago in the afternoon. We were discussing the call of God on our lives, testimonies, etc. He told me that he was going to be preaching that night, however God only gave him half a message. Later in the conversation, he said he felt the Holy Spirit encouraging him to ask me to preach that night. Even a little testimony would be good. We could both speak. I said sure, I could think of something. We then walked down the hall and let the man who organizes the speakers know what had been suggested and decided. This guy walked up to the organizer and said, "Karen is preaching tonight." He said OK. So it was settled. Then I had my nervous jitters and realized I only had 3 hours until I had to speak. The Lord had given me a message, actually an entire sermon within five minutes, so I prayed as I frantically drove through heavy traffic. I had to pick up a gal from church. I ate supper in the car after arriving at home. I only consulted my bible about five to ten minutes before preaching.

So, the first speaker went up and spoke for five to ten minutes. Then I followed in pursuit. I want you to visualize the scene. We are all outside a salvation army, in a parking lot. There is a truck with a great big Jesus Sign on it professing Jesus as 'King of Kings' and 'Lord of Lords' with a website and phone number. There is a boom box and a microphone. I got up on the flat bed of a truck and preached the gospel of Jesus Christ! Many years ago, I would never have thought of me doing this for the Lord. I could speak for my profession, but for Jesus? It was incredible.

I gave a testimony on the healing power of God. I preached from John 5:1-15 ( you can read this by cutting and pasting this into your web browser: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%205;&version=50 OR perhaps click on the link). I preached that God is a God of healing and that the Holy Spirit does the healing, not us Christians. We are the chosen vessels. We pray in faith, believe in the word of God, and stand on the scriptures for the healing. I talked about the Holy Spirit, the love of God and how He wants relationship with all of us. I let them know that whether or not they were looking at me, the ground, not listening, it did not matter...the Holy Spirit was working on their hearts and that He loved everyone of them. I then prayed for people to come forward for prayer for healing and salvation.

Some of us prayed for people and others served pizza and juice to those who waited in the crowd. I prayed and talked with one man at length, then was asked to go on the other side of the truck and pray for a woman. Many gathered around her, layed hands on her and prayed alongside of one another. Her prayer request was for a healing of lung cancer. As soon as I placed my hands upon her body, I could feel the Holy Spirit come in power. As I prayed for her healing, I could feel a Holy Heat rushing from my hands into the small of her back. I declared her healing according to the word of God, and praised the Lord for healing her of this disease! I asked her after the prayer if she could feel the heat in my hands and she said yes, that it was still burning in her back. Praise the Lord!!!

Afterwards, I wanted to go inside. They were just finishing the bible study and about to start prayer. I walked into a group of people, of which there was alot of hurt and pain. There was one person swearing at another man, and just about to start a fight with him. She was also very angry at God. I will not go into the particular issues, as it was very personal. I told her she needed to forgive God, forgive her enemies and pray. Well, she did not want to hear that. She stared me down, in a very challenging manner and swore at me too! I told her that God loved her, I loved her and so did all of us here. She told me I was full of it, and walked out, speaking more profanities as she left the room. I told the group that we needed to pray for her, that she had a hard time believing that we loved her, but we did. As we were about to pray, she walked back in the room, looked me straight in the eye and asked if I really loved her and why. She also wanted to know how it is I know that God loves her. I told her about Jesus, His love, His death and the Love he put in my heart. I spoke the word of God. I stared her down too and would not let my gaze leave her. Then we all prayed as a group. There were tears and joy. The Holy Spirit was at work, brilliantly and lovingly making all things work for His good.

The girl I came with and I finally decided to leave after all prayer was done. We were praising God for so much! We went outside and just as we were about to leave, we saw a fight break out. It was terrible. The one guy had the other guy on the ground after wrestling and punching him in the head. Then he proceeded to kick him repetitively in the head. My friend and I were horrified. We raised our hands toward them and started prayer with fervour and passion. We prayed for the fight to stop, for the Holy Spirit to come between them and split them up and have them walk in opposite directions and go home. It was miraculous! When we prayed that prayer, they split apart and went in opposite directions very quickly. We started to praise God again over and over, amazed at answered prayer, basking in His love. Then, within moments, the woman that we prayed for before, came and knocked on my car window to thank me for praying for her and helping her. I got out of the car and gave her a great big hug. We talked for a bit, then went with some other Christians for donuts and coffee to discuss all of the wonderful things God was doing in our lives and through this ministry.

Praise the Lord!!! I will try to write more segments very soon. The Lord is doing so much right now, it is hard to find the time to write about it. I am sooo excited and on fire for Him. I cannot wait until the next opportunity comes my way , in order to show Jesus to others and glorify our Lord!!! Hallelujah!

6 comments:

pete porter said...

Karen,
Beautiful, that's what I call preaching the gospel. The Lord prosper you in his work, and keep your fire, and joy burning.
Be Blessed,
Pete

Jeannie said...

Awesome post Karen - continue loving and serving people - thats what its all about...

pete porter said...

Karen,
I linked to your post. It fits right in with what the Lord has been giving me.
Be Blessed,
Pete

Callmeteem said...

Praise God for the report.

John said...

Excellent post Karen! This is why Christianity is so exciting and has been for me for the past 25years! Keep up the good work!

GBYAY

Karen said...

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. God is soooo amazing!!!