Monday, June 20, 2005

Update on Flooding

First of all I would like to thank and Praise God during this time. Secondly, thank everyone of you for your prayers.

I prayed for the Lord's help and He came through. The basement did start to flood from the rain. However, the water never moved past the towels I left on the floor. They were completely saturated, but no water moved beyond the towels. This was Friday evening I first noticed the water. Saturday we were pummeled with rain, fast and furious. The reports were over 100mm over night, not including all of the rain we had on Saturday. I believe this is just one of the many miracles of God.

Today the landlord brought a plumber over to make sure the reason for the water. After ruling out all possibilities, it was decided for the first time ever this house let in water from the rain. I checked out my couch today. The bottom of the couch where the water level rose up, caused minor wetness and a tiny spot of water elsewhere, no more than five inches in diameter. I let it dry out today, airing it out in the sunshine. I tried to move it into the apartment, but it just would not fit. So now, I will find a home for the couch. This poor couch has had more travel and stories than alot of people I know...LOL

As for the rest of Calgary 2,000 people were evacuated from their homes this weekend, some only returning today. We are in a state of emergency due to the dirty water from all the rain and flooding. We are on a strict consumption of water. The next 24 hours will be crucial. If Calgarians do not watch their water usage, we may lose our ability to use it for awhile (extreme measures). Residential homes will be the last to be affected by that course of action. There is plenty of water, the water treatment plant cannot provide enough clean water necessary for the current demand for consumption.

Well, off to Monday Night Evangelism. I have so much to write about what the Lord has been doing this past week. I have not had much time with ministry and work, plus the phone lines were affected, just fixed today. So, I did not have internet access.

Stay in touch for more stories....

3 comments:

John said...

Praise the Lord for the sun! Great post Karen, our prayers are with you!

GBYAY

Callmeteem said...

Praise the Lord for answering prayer.

Karen said...

Yes, Praise the Lord Brothers! Nice to see you Tim!