Saturday, June 18, 2005

Prayer Request - Flooding

Well, it looks like we are in another rainy period here in Alberta. Last night I could not sleep all night. I had a dream that Calgary was about to receive another 256mm of rain. I think that was the number. That would be alot moe rain than we had during some of the more serious flooding. At work today I asked the girls if they had heard such a number in the forecast. ( That is how real the dream was) They all said no. Last night I heard we are supposed to receive showers on and off over the weekend. It rained last night, but not too much. Today however we have had a combination of downpours and steady rain.

At work tonight we started to get a flood in through the back door. We did not leave until late, having to mop up and leave towels and cushions to mop up the water over night. It enters in right where the electrical panels are. Please pray for no damage and for the employee's safety.

So, I came home, of course tired and having to be at work in 8.5 hours from now. My yard is soggy, I got a foot soaker through my running shoes. I am concerned that the couch will get damaged. I am praying and trusting in the Lord that it will be OK. So far, the last flooding we had here in the city and Southern Alberta, the couch was very dry and undamaged. Praise God! However, today, there is more water here in this end of town. Just five days ago, further south there was serious flooding after the other flooding around.

So, I come inside. Inside the laundry room there is flooding. I moved some of my belongings to one side for now. I mopped and used towels to get some of the water. I left towels for overnight. The landlord is coming in the morning. Please pray for my couch outside and all of my belongings inside. I do not have contents insurance as I cannot afford to do so. Plus, some insurance policies do not cover flood damage. The government here was kind enough to give relief to those flood victims that were denied assistance from their insurance companies.

So, all is in the Lord's hands. I trust in Him, no matter what happens. I feel peace and will press into Him as I monitor the situation. Thank you for joining me in my prayers. God Bless.

5 comments:

IMO said...

We are praying that the Lord will protect you and that all will turn out for good!

Anonymous said...

Karen, I am praying for you and all in Calgary. Flooding is a horrible thing that can cause so much damage. I pray that God will protect you and your place from the water.

Anonymous said...

Karen

My brother is up by Red Deer. I hear it is bad. I will send up a prayer for you.

Harry

Cosmic said...

Karen, I'm praying down here for you! I trust in the Lord and know that He will make everything okay in the end.

Karen said...

Thank you all for your prayers. God Bless you!!!