Thursday, March 17, 2005

Browsing the Blog

Tonight I decided to browse through different blogs as I took a break in between studies. I noticed quite a variety in what people write about and how they express their feelings. Some blogs are about products or focus around a particular group.

My heart felt saddened as I read some accounts of people who are bored, negative, have nothing going on in their life and don't care in general. One girl wrote, "I have no life, nothing to write, so if you are reading this then you must have no life too". Her other entries consisted of a life focused around the TV and overall sluggish comments about work and her life. I felt like writing her to encourage her somehow but could not think of anything to write, so I prayed for her instead.

The other night I happened to read some blogs by teenagers, one Christian and the others not. I was surprised by the Christian girl, writing of hating her mother and expecting that life would naturally be crappy...yet she professed to go to church and know God. My thought was...do you know Jesus? Really know him? Has she even become born again?

My heart cries out Lord!!! All these lost souls in and out of the church. The churched is in great need just like the unchurched. Lord I pray these people writing so despondently in the blogging world would come to know you. There is life outside the cyber world and that life is in you Jesus!!! I praise your name Lord. Please do a work in these lives, Lord let your light shine in on their blogging world. Give them hope Lord. Lord allow me to be that vessel for lost and hungry souls! Amen!!!!

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (NIV)

1 comment:

Callmeteem said...

I pray, together with you, that in all the conversation of the blog world that some will be touched by the power, grace and mercy of the Living God.
May the Internet be a tool for His glory.