Sunday, March 20, 2005

The Narrow Path

This is the verse from Matthew that I shared when I gave my first public testimony in the fall of 2002:

Matt. 7:13-14
13 "Go in through the narrow gate, because the gate to hell is wide and the road that leads to it is easy, and there are many who travel it.
14 But the gate to life is narrow and the way that leads to it is hard, and there are few people who find it. (GNB)

I used this verse when I gave my first public testimony to a large congregation because it was the verse that most suited my walk with the Lord. My walk has not been an easy one. From the time I was very young I have had many struggles, trials, traumas, and disappointments. I have experienced that of being raised in a broken home, have suffered chronic illness, child molestation, verbal/emotional/physical/sexual abuse, rape, debt, unemployment, workaholicism, burnout and many, many hurts.

The reason why I am sharing this is that although life has been hard and continues to have its trials and adversities, there is one constant: Jesus Christ.

He will never leave me nor forsake me. Nothing can separate me from the Father's Love. Absolutely nothing.
Romans 8
38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (NIV)

Wow! What an awesome piece of scripture. It gives me such comfort with the trials I am going through. I am in a position of having to make difficult decisions, relinquishing control of my life and others completely into the hands of the Lord, and living by faith.

One decision I made awhile ago and am reconfirming today is making Jesus Christ my number one priority in my life. Without Him I am nothing. Without His guidance I run in circles. Without His voice I am lost. He is my supreme shepherd and best friend. I rest in His peace this evening. Hallelujah!

I made a decision to come to Bible College to pursue the call of God on my life. I came here to Alberta from Ontario with such passion, throwing all caution to the wind and completely trusting in God. I sold my home, gave my business away, gave away four truckloads of items and started a new life out here. Ever since I came, it has been a struggle. My relationship with my boyfriend has suffered, I have moved from one city to another and am about to make another move. I have only been here since July 2004. On top of that I ran out of money and could not find employment. I think maybe I was overqualified for some of the retail positions I was applying for plus did not have experience. It had been at least 14-15 years since I operated a cash register! I had no money for rent in February. However, people I knew from Ontario received a word from the Lord and sent me some money. That paid for a month's rent and about $60.00 in gas and groceries. Thank you lord! Then my brother was able to pay me back some money he owed me...now I have rent for March and April! Hallelujah! After seeking employment since December, I finally got a job and started Monday March 14th this week. Praise God!!!!!

I realize the road is tough, but God is always there. He provides for His children. It has been and continues to be a challenging journey. I have been called crazy, have been asked if I am sure I heard from God, have had people tell me I made a mistake moving here and going to bible college. Just this week someone I love very much told me I should drop out of Bible College and pursue a different career, and also told me going into ministry was not a good idea because it did not pay well. Not a good choice for me so I was told. I have recently had suggestions to move back to Ontario. I get told all the time about my biological clock and what if I don't get married? I really could go on. I have been rejected, insulted and have been treated badly by Christian and non-Christian folks, all in a matter of 8 months.

Praise you Lord! With all of this difficulty, I know you are preparing me! Satan has no power and no authority! I choose to follow you, to make you number one, to remain in College and pursue you as my passion!

I choose the Narrow Road. It is the Only Road that leads to Life!!!

1 comment:

Callmeteem said...

I refer back to another passage from Romans 8. I believe it's verse 26. In paraphrase it is God makes all things work together for good for them who love the Lord.
You clearly love the Lord. Our sovereign will turn--in His time and in His way--all things to good. You can have confidence in the truth of that.
I look ahead also to another verse (32, I believe) and again this is paraphrase Will He who gave up His Son withhold any good thing.
In Jesus we have the most precious, the most valuable, the most glorious gift we could ever. Every other good thing we could possibly need is contained in that first glorious gift.
If God the Father gave the Son how could He withhold anything else?
Grace and peace