Saturday, March 12, 2005

Peace and Joy

Romans 5:1-5 (NIV)

1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

The bible tells us to rejoice through our sufferings, but it is a very hard process. Most of the time we will grumble through our pain rather than thank God for the suffering. We will cry out to God, "Lord I want to grow closer to you" then when hard times come we cry, "Lord, please take it all away." I have to admit I am no different than a good majority of saints out there who struggle in this area.

As I examine verses 3 to 5 I see several truths that help me to understand suffering as a Christian. First of all what does suffering produce? My flesh says it produces alot of pain, heartache, turmoil, agony...and on and on. When we are in the negative cycle of suffering it is like a disease that eats away at our spirit. Now what does the bible say? It says in these verses it produces perseverance, which produces character, which produces hope. What does hope do? It never disappoints us. Why does it never disappoint us? This is because of the love God has poured into our hearts.

What an awesome piece of scripture. So, how do we positively rejoice in our sufferings as scripture says to do so? We have to put the word of God into Action! I have noticed that when I have been down in spirit, struggling with God, struggling with life and I put this into action, I experience peace and joy. Sometimes it is hard. I will be crying and feeling pretty down and sometimes it will feel like it takes all of my strength to overcome it, but through the suffering I manage to put my hand up in the air and start praising God.

At first my hand will feel so heavy and my voice feel strained, as if forming the words with my mouth are straining muscles with which I use to speak. Then I feel stronger, happier, more joyful. I cry out, "Praise you Lord! I love you Lord! Thank you Jesus for giving me life! Thank you Jesus for dying for me on that cross! I pray in tongues, I sing in my spirit and with my own tongue, I dance before the Lord and cry Hallelujah!!!" I feel remarkable peace and joy as I rejoice through my suffering. As a result I grow, I feel the hand of God at work in my life and I push on to win the prize...eternal life with my Father...

Phillipians 3:14 (NIV) 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I have eternal hope and feel the love of God in my heart, in which nothing can separate me from the love of God. Hallelujah!

I encourage you to praise God in the hard times, fill yourself to overflowing with the word of God, and press into Him. You will NEVER be disappointed. Scripture says so.

If you would like me to pray for you, please email me. If you do not know Jesus Christ as yourLord and Saviour please email me and I will help you. No one should go through life not ever knowing the love of God, nor should we not ever know that God loved us so much, He gave his one and only son, Jesus to die for us on the cross, for our sins so that we shall have everlasting life. (please read John 3:16-19) Ifyoudo not ahve a bible you can access any scripture in several versions through www.biblegateway.com.

God Bless You.

1 comment:

Callmeteem said...

Press on into Christ--your Rock, your Joy, your Strength, your Peace, your Life--and press into Him in all circumstances.
He is able to turn all things to our good and for His glory.
Amen!