Tuesday, March 08, 2005

A New Beginning

Today is the start of a new day, a new era and my first entry. I entitled my blog "In The Presence of The Almighty" as there is no other place I would rather be. I want to live my life all out for God, to grow closer to Him, to create an intimacy with my Father, the Creator of all things.

I attended a large worship service tonight, with hundreds of people in attendance. The church was filled with people of all ages: elderly, teens, a father with a baby. It was magnificent to see the unity and love of God's Family all worshipping Him. The music was for the younger generation, and was VERY loud. I watched the elderly couple three rows ahead. They worshipped, prayed and smiled. No grumbling, no murmuring. Just there to worship our Lord!
It made my heart smile.

I thought it fitting to quote David, in Psalm24:1-6 (NIV):

1 The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it;
2 for he founded it upon the seas
and established it upon the waters.

3 Who may ascend the hill of the LORD ?
Who may stand in his holy place?
4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not lift up his soul to an idol
or swear by what is false.
5 He will receive blessing from the LORD
and vindication from God his Savior.
6 Such is the generation of those who seek him,
who seek your face, O God of Jacob.

1 comment:

Callmeteem said...

Welcome to the world of blogging and good start.
There is no place I would rather be than in the presence of the Almighty Living God.
In His presence is fullness of joy.