Saturday, March 19, 2005

The Unnecessary Circle

The following corporate word came from a prophetic group that I associate with, and I will refer to the person who delivered this word as "J". This word came at a time when I was seeking the Lord for answers in prayer. I felt some things stirring in my spirit, directions, guidance from the Holy Spirit and this word came through.

I had a vision of a circle. It was a very large one and had been well paced. Some of the circle was in a place of ice and I could see where the walker had slipped, got up and walked on. Another part of the circle was in a place of intense heat and I could see the footrpints in the dust. Another part was in a place of storms and I could see thick mud. Far in the distance I saw the person, coat buttoned against the gales, head down, walking this endless circle. As I watched, the Lord laid this in me:

Now, I say now, even today, is the time to break the circle. You have walked a long and wearying route, holding on to what you have, and yet you wonder why your steps take you no where. I have heard you say that you take one step forwards and four steps backwards. I have seen you ponder on this, yet again you walk the same steps.

It is not to be like this. There is a new route for you. A route of plenty and joy. A route of healing and restoration. That route is not along the way you know. It is not the familiar route. It is my route. It is the route that you take in faith, with your eyes fixed firmly on me, with my promises in your mouth, with my Spirit by your side, guiding you. Did I not say I will tell you "This is the way walk in it"? Yet you walk the endless circle and it is time to break out.

Different. I am taking you a different way and all you need do is trust me. Will I leave you to be an orphan of the elements? Will I let go of the hand of my beloved and leave you to the wolves? Do you remember that I am He who will restore the years the locust has eaten, the small and the large locust. Everything will be restored and more. Everything, and I say there is a day and it is called today when there must be a change.

When the circle must be trod no more.Do not walk on when I call. Stop and listen to me. Let me lead you, let me guide you, let me take you from the slippery slope and the desert heat and place you where I have prepared a place for you. An abundant place. A place that is waiting to restore and renew. A place of joy, a place of much, the place I have for you. Trust me, that is what i ask, that you trust me and walk into the new walk I have for you.

I really do feel like I have been walking around in a circle, truthfully. I feel like that person who has been walking through the storms...weathered, beaten, bruised and in need of my Father. I need the warmth of your breath and the comfort of your arms Lord. I am ready to walk that walk of faith with you. I stretch out my hand and say, "Come and Get Me Lord!"

No comments: